Audio and Video
An interview with Grace Kim and Dean Smith
Sunnyside Village architect Grace Kim, and co-founder Dean Smith talk about the concept of cohousing.
- A radio interview by Mary Ellen Woods, KSWR 90.7 – March 28th, 2022
- Running time: 59:59
- To share this audio with someone, , then paste it into your message.
Welcome to Sunnyside Village!
Welcome to Sunnyside Village! (abridged)
The Case for Cohousing
An interview with Lauren Tang and Jennie Lindberg
Have you ever considered living in a community of people who share values similar to yours? Would you share common resources, community space? Lauren Tang heard about cohousing at the same time she discovered financial independence. She has joined Jennie Lindberg as part of the Sunnyside Village Cohousing community. Today we talk about their plans and how cohousing could become part of your financial independence or even early retirement plan.
- The Earn & Invest Podcast – August 8, 2021
- Running time: 57:33
- To share this podcast with someone, , then paste it into your message.
How Cohousing can make us happier (and live longer)
A TED talk by Sunnyside's architect - Grace Kim
Loneliness doesn’t always stem from being alone. For architect Grace Kim, loneliness is a function of how socially connected we feel to the people around us — and it’s often the result of the homes we live in. She shares an age-old antidote to isolation: cohousing, a way of living where people choose to share space with their neighbors, get to know them, and look after them. Rethink your home and how you live in it with this eye-opening talk.
- TED Vancouver BC – April 2017
- Running time: 10:19
- To share this video with someone, , then paste it into your message.